With the weather changing, cooler air and shorter days coming, I’m craving pure comfort food. And you probably know me well by now, it has to include oozing cheese! So here is my go-to recipe for Camembert & Apple Tart. It’s just perfect when I want to indulge in gooey cheese in style with some veggies (or fruits in this case)! By the way, you can also make the same recipe with individual tart tins for a party or special events.
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Ingredients for 6
2 firm apples, cut into thin wedges
6 oz Camembert, sliced
1 ready-made puff pastry
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoon walnut mustard -you can use plain dijon mustard, but I like the fragrant nutty flavor of the walnut
1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in a pan, add the sliced apples and fry until golden.
- Place the pastry in an oven safe dish, poke holes and spread the walnut mustard.
- Add Camembert and arrange the apple wedges, drizzle with honey
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve the Camembert & Apple Tart warm
She is the co-founder of Bon Appétit Box. She was born & raised in Montpellier in the South of France and then spent 5 years exploring the culinary offerings of Paris. In her free time, she loves to walk on the beach watching the sea scenery in every season. When she comes back to France, her favorite thing is to sit outside with friends and enjoy some cheese (she’s a fan of Roquefort!) with a glass of red wine of course!