A classic wintery dessert, the Tarte Tatin is a true beauty! At this time of the year, I have always a solid appetite for comfort food, yet we all are trying to eat healthier and cleaner, right? At least, moi! I had some extra apples in my kitchen and finally decided to make use of it. This Tarte Tatin recipe is awesome if you’re craving something sweet without feeling the guilt as we’re subbing sugar with our decadent lavender honey that’s packed with benefits. It’s also a perfect treat in the cold months while staying in and binge-watching your favorite show or getting cozy reading.
Anyway, you can never go wrong with this French delicacy! Especially as the Tarte Tatin was first created accidentally by the Tatin sisters in the 1880’s.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Ingredients for 6
3-5 Pink Lady or Granny Smith apples, peeled and quartered
3 tablespoon of salted butter
1 ready-made puff pastry
1/2 cup of our French Lavender Honey
1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Roll puff pastry into a floured surface then cut into a round that will fit your skillet. Let chill.
- Coat the bottom of your skillet with butter and pour the honey.
- Add the apple pieces cut side down and cook until it caramelizes in medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven and let bake until it bubbles.
- Drape the puff pastry over the apples and bake until the pastry is browned, about 35 minutes in our oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert to a platter and serve au naturel! Or add a dollop of Crème fraîche or top it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, even better, if you ask me!
She was born and raised in the Philippines but spent most of her life in the Bay Area. She likes going on foodie adventures and posting them on Instagram so others can share the same love. She also loves traveling to different cities, her favorite one being New York City. She wishes to move there one day.
The post Apple Tarte Tatin Recipe appeared first on Bon Appétit Box Gourmet French Food Gift Subscription Boxes.