It’s the most wonderful time of the year! What better way to kick off the holiday season than with these sweet treats! Mendiants are a traditional French confection made with melted chocolate and any topping of your choice. I have a sweet tooth so this is a perfect dessert that’s easy to make especially when you’re a working professional, busy parent or simply on the go. I’ve also always wanted to travel to France one day so this is the closest I’ll get in experiencing the culture!
If you are assigned with the desserts at your upcoming holiday party or doing last minute holiday shopping, this one is for you.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Rest Time: 20 min
Ingredients for 45 servings
2 cups of high-quality dark chocolate, like the Bonnat bar
2 cups of high-quality white chocolate
2 tbsp each of assorted nuts, toasted: almonds, pistachios, walnut, pralines
2 tbsp each assorted dried fruit: coconut shred, raisins, cranberries,
Chia seeds or hemp seeds, optional
Sea salt, optional
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large baking tray. You can use a marker to draw the circles for precision.
- Chop the chocolate in pieces and place in a double boiler. Allow the chocolate to rest.
- Spoon a dollop of chocolate on to the circles
- Make sure to place the nuts, dried fruit, and other toppings nicely on top before it sets.
- Allow the Mendiants to harden before carefully removing it from the sheet.
She was born and raised in the Philippines but spent most of her life in the Bay Area. She likes going on foodie adventures and posting them on Instagram so others can share the same love. She also loves traveling to different cities, her favorite one being New York City. She wishes to move there one day.
The post French Chocolate Mendiants, the Holiday Confection appeared first on Bon Appétit Box Gourmet French Food Gift Subscription Boxes.