This cocktail is definitely an unconventional mix for a cocktail, but I wanted to try something really different. And when my local grocery store was offering huge deals for this blue gems, I couldn’t resist buying a ton!
So here I am with my 2 lbs of Blueberry in the fridge, wondering how I can eat all of them before they turn bad. Also looking at a very hot weekend… And I’m like why don’t I turn them in the perfect way to cool down on a hot day aka drinking cocktails!
I love the wonderfully fruity and sweet taste from the plump juicy blueberries associated with the kick of limes.
So here’s a quick cocktail recipe of the Blueberry Fizzy Cocktail for the perfect warm day, enjoy!
Ingredients for 1 pitcher
1/4 cup of French Lavender Honey
1/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of fresh blueberries
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup filtered water
3 cup sparkling water
1 cup vodka
Make the blueberry simple syrup:
1. Combine sugar, honey and 1 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar and honey have dissolved.
2. Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down -about 3-4 minutes.
3. Once the mixture has turned into a syrup, strain to get rid of blueberries. Let cool.
Make the drink:
4. In a large pitcher, whisk together blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice, the waters, and vodka. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
5. Serve over ice, blueberries and lime slice for decoration
She is the co-founder of Bon Appétit Box. She was born & raised in Montpellier in the South of France and then spent 5 years exploring the culinary offerings of Paris. In her free time, she loves to walk on the beach watching the sea scenery in every season. When she comes back to France, her favorite thing is to sit outside with friends and enjoy some cheese (she’s a fan of Roquefort!) with a glass of red wine of course!