Last updated, February 16, 2021
Last weekend I found myself with overripe plums in my kitchen. I didn’t want to go super fancy and make a Clafoutis or a Crumble (here’s my recipe for the savory Crumble -perfect to pack for work & lunchbox duties!). But then it hits me! My mother used to make us roasted plums almost every Sunday nights. It’s quick and easy, but looks pretty fancy too. To keep it healthy, my hack is to replace the sugar with some honey. Like this, you’ve got all the benefits from natural honey and not the negative effects of the refined sugar.
Anyway, let me introduce the honey-roasted plums recipe. After being roasted, the plums are packed with intense-sweet and juicy flavor. The Crème fraîche brings a nice refreshing taste of whole milk to balance tart flavor of the roasted fruit.
So now is the time to get your forks ready! And indulge.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Ingredients for 6
6 large assorted ripe but firm plums, halved, pitted
3/4 cup honey – You can choose a naturally flavored honey such as the Lavender Honey for extra flavor
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 teaspoons Crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Melt butter, sugar, and honey in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cut plums side down and add the halves into the mixture. Cook fruit without stirring for 2 minutes.
- Turn plums over and transfer to oven. Roast until caramel is deep brown, checking frequently to prevent burning, about 4 minutes.
- Divide plum halves among 6 plates. Spoon sauce from skillet over plums.
- Drizzle plums with crème fraîche and serve.
She is the co-founder of Bon Appétit Box. She was born & raised in Montpellier in the South of France and then spent 5 years exploring the culinary offerings of Paris. In her free time, she loves to walk on the beach watching the sea scenery in every season. When she comes back to France, her favorite thing is to sit outside with friends and enjoy some cheese (she’s a fan of Roquefort!) with a glass of red wine of course!
The post Honey-Roasted Plums appeared first on Bon Appétit Box Gourmet French Food Gift Subscription Boxes.