The northeastern French province of Lorraine gave us this traditional and really easy-to-make savory tart. I love to make Quiche Lorraine as it is always so simple and very delicious. Add your favorite salad mix on the side and you’ve got the perfect entrée for brunch, lunch or even dinner.
The classic filling doesn’t include cheese, mustard or onion confit; so I really hope my Lorraine native best friend Maud will not read this article or I’ll eventually get virulent complaints for years! But hey, I love my quiche this way, and besides, who doesn’t love a rich and cheesy quiche?!
Take your regular tart to the next level with this delightful and effortless French Quiche Lorraine recipe.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
1 flaky butter crust
½ cup crème fraîche
½ cup whole milk
4 ounces bacon, cut into strips
2 ounces gruyère or comté cheese
¼ teaspoon salt & pepper
1 spoon Edmond Fallot Classic Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon L’Epicurien Sweet Onion Confit
- Preheat the oven at 350F°
- Fry the bacon for 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Scatter the crumbled bacon into pastry shell
- Add half of the grated cheese into pastry shell
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, crème fraiche, whole milk, salt & pepper, L’Epicurien Classic Dijon Mustard and L’Epicurien Sweet Onion Confit
- Pour the egg preparation over the bacon and cheese.
- Sprinkle with the rest of cheese and bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven when the custard is golden and puffed. Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Zoé is the co-founder of Bon Appétit Box. She was born & raised in Montpellier in the South of France and then spent 5 years exploring the culinary offerings of Paris. In her free time she loves to walk on the beach watching the sea scenery in every season. When she comes back to France, her favorite thing is to sit on terrace with friends and enjoy some cheese (she’s a fan of Roquefort!) with a glass of red wine of course!
The post The unequalled Quiche Lorraine recipe appeared first on Bon Appétit Box Gourmet French Food Gift Subscription Boxes.