I happen to think honey is nature’s little miracle. Besides from its many health benefits and being an anti-bacterial, it’s also a natural sweetener! To honor this incredibly versatile food, we’ve conjured up an equally delicious Apple & Honey Tartlet recipe with a touch of fig jam. It’s easy to make, and you can avoid the fight-for-the-last-piece with individual servings!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for 2 Apple & Honey Tartlets:
1 sheet of puff pastry
2 eggs, beaten
1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
1 Granny Smith apple, mashed
1. Cut puff pastry and place it into two separate tart rings. Trim excess
2. Brush over the surface with 1 tablespoon of Fig Jam
1. Preheat oven to 375F°
2. Line the mashed apples evenly in the tart rings
3. Toss sliced apples with lemon juice and place them neatly in the tart rings
4. Stir butter and Lavender Honey together and glaze over sliced apples
5. Let tartlets bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden
6. Let cool slightly before serving
7. Top with vanilla ice cream if desired
Julia was born in Vietnam and has been in San Francisco for 12 years. She developed a love for different foods through her travels and enjoys sharing her knowledge of the best local and global eateries. In her free time, she likes to unwind at home with a book and some music.
The post Beautiful Apple & Honey Tartlets appeared first on Bon Appétit Box Gourmet French Food Gift Subscription Boxes.